Daily Detoxing Tips
In order for our bodies to heal we need to get rid of build and crap that has been piling up for years. This month I will be focusing on daily detoxing tips that can help you jumpstart your healing. Here is what I will be going through this month:
- What are some easy ways to detox that you can start now?
- What supplements can be helpful when detoxing?
- Which organs to target and why?
- Testing options to see what could be causing the hold up with your body’s ability to detox.
A big part of healing is eliminating things from your life and diet so your body can start to heal. Part of that is also cleaning yourself out so your body can actually get rid of bad stuff you may ingest or come into contact with. So let’s start with a simple list of things you can start now without breaking your bank!!
- Deep Breathing
- Oil Pulling – *Enhance with essential oils
- My favorite Oil Pulling Rinse I recommend is Desert Essence Oil Pulling Rinse
- Dry Brushing – Tips on how to Dry Brush
- Recommended: 9-1 Body Brushing Set
- Drinking More Water!!
Learning about the Elimination Diet!!
- What are common foods to remove and why?
- How long do most people stay on this diet?
- How do you stay successful during this diet?
- How to start reintroducing foods to find out which ones you should stay away from for good!!
The first step in rebuilding your health is removing things that don’t work for you! This month I am covering the ins and outs of an Elimination Diet. This is a diet only meant to be done for a short amount of time allowing your body a chance to stop being bombarded by foods that may be causing you harm so it can begin to heal. Not every person is the same so if you for sure know certain foods are an issue then start with removing those first. I have listed below some of the common foods that have been shown to cause problems for people. It does not mean you need to eliminate these foods during your elimination diet, but if you aren’t sure where to start this list is a great first step.
Common Foods to Cut Out while on an Elimination Diet
🌯 Soy and other Legumes: Legumes are highly nutritious so why can they also cause havoc in a compromised internal system?
🥚Eggs: What should you look for when cutting out Eggs?
Others: When it doubt CUT IT OUT!
Some common questions on how to be successful while implementing an Elimination Diet:
(photo credit: PrecisionNutrition.com)
How long should you stay on this diet? In total this should take about 6-7 weeks.
There are 4 phases to this diet:
- Phase 1: Pre-planning – 1 Week *(Here’s my Pre-Planning Suggestion List)
- Phase 2 & 3: The Elimination Phase & Repair Phase – 3 Weeks
- Phase 4: The Reintroduction Phase – 2-3 Weeks
How can you be successful during your elimination diet?
- Pre-planning your diet is key
- Remove any temptations at home
- Keep a food journal
- Get lots of rest
- Moderate exercise **(👈 read more about how aggressive exercise can contribute to leaky gut)
- Reduce as much stress as possible (Understand the difference between Eustress and Distress)
What foods can I eat?
- Always choose Organic
- Cook at home
- Keep a list of foods in your wallet or purse for when you go out
- Find healthy whole food alternatives to your favorite comfort foods
What supplements can I take to start helping repair and rebuild my health?
- Liver Support
- Mucosal Support
- Adrenal Support
- Antioxidant Support
- Aloe with healing herbs
- Fish Oil (Here are my recommendations and links for you to BUY YOURS!)
- Plant-based Omega-3 Options
- Gut supporting supplements
- Don’t forget to CHECK LABELS!